We are very excited to tell you that this year, with generous sponsorship from ATB Financial, Grow Calgary will be holding its 1st summer farm camp for vulnerable children. The summer camps will be held on a weekly basis from July 2 to August 31 at our farm location. The camp focus will be urban farming, team building and most importantly, fun and games. We will be accepting children between the ages of 8 and 17 and there will be no charge for the camp as the financial burden for holding this event will be taken care of by Grow Calgary and our sponsors.
All camps will run Monday through Friday from 8am-6pm. Please note that we are looking into putting transportation service in place to aid in getting kids to and from camp.
- Lots of water. Grow Calgary does not have potable water so it is important to bring lots with you!
- Dress appropriately for the weather, this means extra layers for cold days and hats etc. for hot days.
- A lunch and snacks as needed (please note that some snacks will be provided thanks to Nature’s Bakery generous donations)
What to Leave at Home
- Insect Repellant (we acknowledge that mosquitos can be a concern, however, we would like to avoid the use of it around the plants. We kindly ask that your child applies any insect repellant before they enter the farm)
- Gardening gloves and gardening equipment, as we have everything they may require at the farm already
Please contact us at 403-400-GROW(4769) or email@example.com to nominate & refer a child to our free camp.